This free excel tutorial will show you how to secure a workbook that is setup using a Microsoft Excel program and not changed by anyone else.
To do this, first, open a new Excel worksheet and create a chart.
Our target is to use a password to keep the data on this page safe and secure.
The tool used to do this, displaying the format icon on the Home tab.
- Click on the format icon.
- A menu opens with multiple options displayed on the workbook page.
- Then move the mouse pointer to the Protect Sheet, which appears under the protection menu head.
- Then open a tooltip box called form to file with details.
- You can find more information about this tool by clicking on the tell me more button.
- Click on the protect sheet.
- Then you have a protect sheet checkbox on the worksheet.
- Its protect worksheet and contents of locked cells checkbox activated.
- It tells you to keep the worksheet secure. Keep it that way.
- Below that, you have to type a password using letters or numbers.
- The password is case sensitive to capital and simple letters.
- Therefore, the typed password must write in a safe place.
- When protecting several worksheets, it must accompany by a password that can unprotect along with its name.
- This should do so that they can’t reuse it for forgotten.
- That is, the worksheet can change after it saved, and this password known.
- Once you have entered a valid password, click the OK button at the bottom of this checkbox.
- This will open the Confirm Password dialogue box.
- The previously typed password should type correctly.
- Then click OK to confirm your password.
- Now, this is a protected sheet.
- To check it, try changing the value of a cell in the table in the worksheet.
- The excel program displays a message from an alert box. It says that the cell or table you are typing to modify is on a protected page.
- It also says that for any changes to make to the worksheet, the password used to protect it needs to unprotect.
- Open an excel worksheet protected by a password.
- Click on the format icon on the ribbon.
- In the menu that opens, it displayed as Unprotect Sheet under the protection menu head.
- This is also a way to check if an excel worksheet is protecting. If it doesn’t allow you to modify the contents of a worksheet, you can go through the Home > Format > Protection and see it protected.
- If you want to change a protected worksheet to work with, click on the unprotect sheet.
- Then will open the unprotect sheet dialogue box. A box is available to type the password.
- Type the password that you use in the first step to protect this worksheet.
- Then click OK to continue.
- It is now possible to change the value in the table. That is, this worksheet unprotected.
If you want to see how to do this Free Microsoft Excel tutorial, watch the video.
If you would like to learn more Free Microsoft Excel tutorial through our website, use this link:- EduTutesFree