The tools that we will use for this free Photoshop tutorial are.
- Hue/Saturation layer
- Gradient tool
- Select and Mask option
This tutorial will help you to get the most out of it.
Here is how to make a photo taken under standard lighting look like a photo taken in the mist.
- Open Adobe Photoshop CC 2019. If you have not downloaded it yet, use this link.
- Download Adobe Photoshop CC 2019
- Now open the photo you want to edit. Select File > Open for it. Then a new layer opens the picture.
- If the layer palette does not appear in the Photoshop window, go to the Window > Layer and get it.
- There is a layer with a photo, go to the New Adjustment Layer from the Layer menu, and select Hue/Saturation from the submenu.
This will open a new layer box. Click on the OK button, and you will get a new adjustment layer. At the same time, the properties palette is also open.
Setting the Color
- In the Hue/Saturation settings, the saturation handle completely drag to the left side.
- The photo will show in black and white.
- Then pull the handle called “Lightness” to the right side.
- Then can you see the entire photo in white.
- After that, select the Gradient tool in the toolbox.
- Then select the gradient drop-down menu in the options bar and select a black and white gradient.
- To move gradient, one side to another press the shift key on the keyboard and click and drag from the bottom of the photo.
- Then the photo reappears, and the top of it looks like the fog had spread out.
Preparation of fog appearance
The details of the photo should make to look good.
To do this,
- Click on the eye mark next to the adjustment layer in the layer palette and temporarily hide it.
- Then select the background layer and choose a quick selection from the toolbox.
- Now, if there are things that look close in the photo, select them.
- If unnecessary parts were select when working with the quick selection tool, press the alt key and click again to remove it.
- After selecting, click Select > Select and Mask (In older Photoshop versions it replace by Refine Edge).
- Now its settings display in the properties palette.
- The select portion of the photo also shows separately.
- Select the smart radius checkbox under its edge detection.
- Then the handle at the top is active. Increase its value to about 03.
- Now click the mouse pointer on the selected section and drag.
- Now go back through the layer palette and click on the eye mark to select the Hue/Saturation layer and select the gradient.
- Next, select the brush tool in the toolbox to choose a smooth brush and reduce the opacity to 50%.
- Now from the toolbox, select black as the foreground color. Therefore, click and move on to the selected partition. Then the part made more transparent.
- The opacity value has to adjust to highlight the obvious.
Also, to improve the look of the photo, take a new layer from the layer palette.
- When it is select, click Filter > Render > Clouds. You will get the results in a filter like a cloud.
- Now choose to Lighten on the layer palette from the layer style menu. The filter is now transparent.
- Finally, select the move tool and adjust the size to the layer to suit it.
- Now in the options bar, select Show Transform Controls and adjust the size to fit the photo.
If you want to see how to do this Free Photoshop Tutorial, Watch the video
If you would like to learn more free Photoshop tutorial through our website, use this link: – EduTutesFree