The tools that we will use for this free Photoshop tutorial are,
- Curves layer
- Gaussian Blur filter
This tutorial will help you to get the most out of it.
Now let’s see how to use Photoshop to make a newly acquired photo look old.
- If you have not to download adobe photoshop yet, use this link.
- Download Adobe Photoshop CC 2019
First, open photoshop and go to File > Open and open the photo you want to edit.
- A layer with the same picture will appear on the layer palette.
- Now you have to get a copy of that layer. To do so, press the Ctrl + J on the keyboard.
- Next, you need to adjust the color. When the new layer is select, select Layer > New Adjustment > Curves.
You will open a new layer box. Give a new name for it and click OK. Then open the properties palette.
Adjust Red Color
First, select red from the drop-down menu at the top of the properties palette.
- Then should shape the red line below it and color.
- Pull the line down slightly from the top right corner.
- Click on the same line again a little below that, and drag it up.
- At the bottom end of the line, click and drag down.
- This way you can adjust the red color settings.
Adjust Green Color
Now again, select the green color from the drop-down menu where you have chosen the red color.
- You will get a line where you can set the green color.
- Click the top end on the right side of the line and drag down slightly.
- Then click on the bottom corner of the line and drag up slightly.
- After that, click on the lower end of the line and drag into right.
- This way you can set the green color settings.
Adjust Blue Color
Now you should adjust the blue color. Select the blue color from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the top corner of the line and drag it down slightly.
- Then, click on the middle of the line and drag it down slightly.
- After that, click on the lower end of the line and drag it up slightly.
Now the new layer you previously acquired is select and click on a space in that layer. Then click on the “click to clips layer” button at the bottom corner of the properties palette.
Click on the create new layer button at the bottom of the layer palette. Now, this new layer should color to purple color.
- Click on the foreground color icon in the toolbox. Then the color picker box is open.
- Set the H as 300, S, and B as 100.
- Use the paint bucket tool and put that color on the layer.
Set color mode and apply an effect
- After setting the colors, select soft light at the top of the layer palette from the menu.
- Set its opacity value to 20. The image will change purple color.
- Once the layer selected, press Ctrl + Shift + Alt + E on the keyboard.
- Then another layer will open. Select that layer and press Ctrl + J on the keyboard.
- Thus the 2nd copy obtains to make the colors of the picture appear blurred.
- Select the 2nd copy and click Filter > Blur > Gaussian Blur.
- Set the value of the Gaussian box to 5 and OK.
- Now select eraser tool from the toolbox and erase the middle of the blurred layer.
Printing Color Dots
- Create a new layer for this.
- Make the red dots on the layer.
- Select liner dodge from the mode menu, then the color spots are bright.
- Change the opacity value to 70% and make it transparent.
- The picture should be slightly yellow.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Alt + E to get a copy. Grab a new layer.
- Now the layer has to be yellow—Set H as 56, S as 100, and B as 93.
- Now set the layer mode to soft light and opacity to 50%. Then the picture will look old.
If you want to improve the look, apply white paper with dots over the layer. Use the mode menu of the image to divide or color burn and adjust the opacity value.
If you want to see how to do this Free Photoshop Tutorial, watch the video.